Saturday, May 14, 2016

Young at heart ❤️

My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.  ~ Maya Angelou

We are in a beautiful coastal city, Gijon. Moving ever westward towards Santiago. Each day has brought adventure, beauty and risk. Just what I need to remain young at heart. Yesterday, when Todd and I were in a pickle on a seaside cliff, surrounded by thickest and mud I had memories of my childhood. Walking across the street with my brother John into the wild. We would go to Africa on a safari or camping in the mountains. Wherever our imagination would take us. My imagination pushed me forward, past my fears and the difficulty. I finally turned to Todd and yelled, "I am fifty!"  
He gave me a strange look and said, "What?"  I said, "I am 50 years old!  This is something I would have done when I was 8-12 years old!  I am too old for this!" 

I believe for me, it is in the thriving, passion, compassion, humor and style that I remain young at heart! ❤️
 
Gijon was the last stop on the Silver Road for the Roman Empire. 
 
Underneath this cathedral in the background is a Roman bathhouse from the 4th century. 

3 comments:

  1. Adventurous is who you are and who you will always be. 💕 I love that about you!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so interesting to read your posts. A little nervous about the risks but thrilled to read about the progress. Viaja seguro!

    ReplyDelete