Tuesday, May 17, 2016

I saw the sign...

There are so many signs along the way to Santiago. But sometimes we have to pay extra close attention, the signs are always there, but they can be difficult to see. 

 
If it wasn't for all of the signs pointing the way, we would be so lost!  Also, it's important we know what is a sign and how to read the sign. 

 
The shell is the sign showing the way to Santiago. One of the reasons why the shell is a sign for Santiago is there are many roads that lead to Santiago de Compostela. The grooves in the shell represent the many roads leading to one point. The wide or outside of the shell is the direction you should have come from and the narrow part of the shell is the direction we want to go. 


My life is filled with signs, warnings and direction. Sometimes I recognize the signs and sometimes I am so busy enjoying the view I forget to look. Sometimes the signs are hidden and I have to really study and search for the sign. (Sometimes I misread the sign because I don't know how to read it). 


When I am aware and follow the signs I always find my way. 

 

2 comments:

  1. Wish I were with you too! I will do this walk! Can hardly wait to sit down and hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you compared the signs along the trail to the signs in your life. Great post!

    ReplyDelete