Wednesday, May 11, 2016

The parable of Todd and the bull

An important practice of a pilgrim is to pack light. Sometimes we recognize the need to get rid of old habits. Or maybe it's time to spring clean. Maybe we are going to walk 300 miles and we physically can't carry a heavy load. (As in my case). No matter our stage in life, we can all take a moment to inventory what we carry with us. What we can let go of, and who/how we can assist others in making their burden lighter. 
Can you guess the difference between Todd and this bull? (Other than that they are both bullheaded). The clue is in the photo. 
 
If you didn't guess, Todd is carrying my backpack. 
Because Todd carried my backpack 21 of the 24.5 miles we walked today I thought a lot about burdens. How often I have sought relief from my burdens. Who has stepped into my life to lighten my load?  Because of my faith, how often I have turned to my Lord and asked him to take "this" burden from me. And when I am relieved, do I remember gratitude?  
How many times today did I thank Todd for carrying my load?  Many times, but not enough!  And to all who have assisted me on my journey, who have made my burdens lighter...THANK YOU!

Todd with both our packs. 
 
 Pre 24.5 miles. 

7 comments:

  1. The superior man always thinks of virtue; the common man thinks of comfort.
    We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Todd. You both look happy. Miss you.
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. ❤️ Thank you, Todd for caring for my beautiful daughter. 💕

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, you made me cry today. Well done Todd and you too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Todd, for being a wonderful man, and thanks, Debbid, for this beautiful post that made me think a bit more about gratitude and helping make others burdens lighter. P.S. That bull looked pretty close to Todd. Was he in any danger from those long horns?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww❤️😭 Thank both of you for being so kind and inspirational! My next personal goal is to lighten someone's burden & make sure to thank those who lighten mine.. Speaking of that, thank YOU! For all you do for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the story Debbie. Here's to you Todd for being the example for all of us.

    ReplyDelete