Friday, May 13, 2016

Lies my teacher told me...

The rain in Spain falls mainly in the plains. 

We are nowhere near the plains and there has been a lot of rain. We were fortunate enough to have pleasant weather as we walked today. The problem is, it rained all night. The Camino we were on today was quite rugged and very muddy. We walked a total of 9 hours, 14.5 miles and the equivalent of 47 flights of stairs. (My pedometer doesn't track hills as stairs. It has to be steep, like a staircase to be logged). 

During the course of the rugged terrain, I slipped down a portion of the mountain, into a thicket of thorns scratching both arms to my elbows and later slipped on a rock and fell down on my tailbone and then knees and hands, breaking my walking poles in the tumble. 

(Oh, and I passed about 7 black cats on this Black Friday!)

The views were gorgeous. We had an awesome picnic on the beach (pre-fall) and we  spent most of the day by the ocean. 

The bad news... I now have a hole in my favorite Lulu Lemon sweater. 😟
 Pre-fall
 Pre-fall 
 If you zoom in you can see Todd's muddy pants. 

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you fell today. I hope the ocean, the beach & the beauty around you made up for it. Just like in life "Tumble & Fall" then get up & be grateful for the beauty that surrounds you. Hope you're feeling better. Don't lose that lulu lemon sweater. It's a great memory. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear Debie, I' m so sorry for this event, but you still strong.
    And you can say:
    "He’s solid rock under my feet,
    breathing room for my soul,
    An impregnable castle:
    I’m set for life."
    A new day is coming. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete