Tuesday, May 10, 2016

One door closes another one opens

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
Walt Disney

I have been thinking about doors. I've had so many doors open and shut recently. It's often with sadness that I close one door. Today was a difficult day. We said goodbye to Malu & Ugo Cardona. That was not easy for me. It was sudden, even though I knew it was coming. I still did not feel ready to shut this door. 

I am also aware if I pay attention I will see the opening to another door. We said goodbye so quickly to Ugo and Malu because we found some pilgrims on the road to Santiago. We joined with them for awhile. It was perfect for us all. Ugo and Malu felt more at ease sending us on our was with someone who spoke English and knew where to go. And Todd and I were able to get on the right path. 

We ended up leaving them after a few hours. We walked 17 miles. It was a beautiful day and the weather was perfect. We found a lovely hotel on the ocean and the waves are crashing on the rocks below. The only thing to make this moment more perfect would a body without aches!
 
Goodbye Ugo & Malu. 
 
As one door closes...
Another one opens. 
This is the door to our hotel room. Past the window is an amazing view of the ocean. 
 
 The sunset from our room. 

6 comments:

  1. Debie,
    When our dreams have been fulfilled it is when we understand the richness of our imagination and poverty of reality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seventeen miles! That is an accomplishment. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When one door closes, another is waiting to be opened. You just have to brave enough to open. Congrats on the 17 mile day! Tough chicks are the coolest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ❤️❤️❤️❤️ Keep opening doors. 17 miles! That's amazing, miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Enjoy the journey. πŸƒπŸΌπŸ’•

    ReplyDelete