Thursday, May 26, 2016

The end of this road.

I have been avoiding this post. 

It's the end of this adventure and honestly I am pretty sad about it. Spain as treated us so well. The landscape is breathtaking, the people are lovely and the food has been amazing. The adventure/journey was everything I expected/hoped for and more. 
The last stop on the Camino de Santiago 

The past few days I have had a touch of sadness over the realization this dream. I have been planning preparing and dreaming about the road to Santiago de Compostela for the past six years.

Many of you have planned this dream with me, discussed the Camino and watched the film, The Way. I have carried you along with me. 
Where Martin Sheen threw the ashes. 

Having arrived at the conclusion of this journey I realize on an even deeper level that the journey is the destination.

So much to Todd's chagrin I have already started planning my next journey.  There is another ancient trail in Japan. I can't wait to hike it. (I keep telling Todd we have to go there quickly as we have friends that currently live in Tokyo)

I've found so much joy in this journey. Thanks to you all for being a part of it!

3 comments:

  1. It is so crazy how you can spend so much time preparing for something that quickly becomes something you have done. I am so happy this is a part of you now. Tokyo will love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved taking this journey with you vicariously. Thanks for the great posts. Can't wait for your Tokyo adventure. Betsy and Lauren went to Japan when Lauren graduated. They say that it is the most amazing place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your journey with us. It was great. I'm already looking forward to the next one. Meanwhile Bon Chance with your new credentials.

    ReplyDelete